The Big Day

Part 1:
Who: Ryan
What: A marriage
Where: On a road
When: 2000's
Why: To sell their car
How: By putting a fascinating story into the commercial
Part 2:
A man in a suit drives as fast as possible, implying that he's on his way to a wedding by a bride in waiting. She seems to be waiting for him, as is his father, and he drives as quickly as possible to rush to make it to the wedding on time. He gets frustrated on the way, but he will not back down.
Finally, he makes it to the wedding. He parks the car and bolts into the church, as quickly as possible, just as the bride stands at the altar. But it's not a bride waiting for him.
It ends with him standing there, frozen, unable to speak, able to do nothing more as the wedding abruptly continues, neither upset nor joyful that he made it.
Part 3:
A car is racing on the wet road. Looks like early morning. Windshield wipers, you can hear them. Subtle logo flash. Wipes his brow, nervous, anxious. Stomach is fluttering. Location remains the same, he's out in the country. Scene shift. There is a woman getting married, because she's wearing a white gown and veil. She has bridesmaids because they're helping her get married, all wearing identical attire. There's a priest wearing the robes and the book, and a man sitting in a chair with his back to the audience. The priest is speaking to another man in a suit; speaker, wedding organizer? The bride, glowing and elegant, smiling. The guy is now driving in between lines of trees, in the middle of a forest. Still rainy. He's gripping the wheel desperately, nearly squeezing, and he seems incredibly intense and focused. The guy in the seat is wearing a suit, wearing a flower, looking rather disappointed. The man is leaving the forest, still rushing. The girl is twisting her engagement ring, looking out the window, thinking, perhaps waiting for him, longing for him? The man looks at his watch, and the man in the chair also look sat his watch. The man is freaking out, that there are obstacles in his path. The man formerly in the chair looks at his watch. The man is driving by the ocean, onto a bridge, back into farmland, into a tunnel. The bride is looking out the window, not seeming as happy as before. The man is stopped, he screams, he's so frustrated. But he gets to the church on time. He comes right on time, when it says "Speak, or forever hold your peace." She loves him, not the groom. She is ashamed of her love for him. The groom looks at the bride, who, in turn, looks back at the man.

Story:

A wedding taking place on the 11th of April was interrupted by a man named Ryan Fischer, who burst into the church just as the vows were to be completed, after spending hours in rain rushing to her in a Volkswagen.

"I wasn't planning to do anything, at the start, actually." Fischer said. "But by the time I got there, the adrenaline was pumping in my veins, and I knew I would regret the rest of my life if I didn't stop what I knew wasn't right."

It began in the countryside, with Fischer driving on wet roads, on his way to the marriage of Helene Faust and Thorsten Von Essen.

"I remember it so clearly, I'm surprised I'm not still on that exhilarating drive." Fischer said. "I was sweating so badly, and my stomach had butterflies. It was awful."

Faust recalls getting prepared for the wedding, having her size checked, surrounded by bridesmaids as the priest and wedding organizer planned the last minute details.

"Oh, God, I remember that day." Faust said. "The dress was honestly way too tight, but my friends wanted me to wear it, so how could I refuse?"

Fischer began to make progress on his distance, making it from countryside to in the middle of a forest.

"I had to get there. I just knew I had to. Imagining Helene getting married to Thorsten . . . Sorry, but, no." Fischer said.

Faust's father, Mathias Faust, had been with her overlooking the final additions to her appearance, as she had asked for his audience in case the bridesmaids went overboard.

"I, myself, will say that I didn't approve of Thorsten." Mathias said. "I don't know what she ever saw in him. Grumpy, ugly, impulsive; everything I taught her not to be."

Though Fischer's drive began smoothly, as he drove into the town, he had to face traffic, and was stopped by a train. He was already twenty minutes later to the wedding than he'd planned to be.

"I couldn't stop cursing. I was thinking, man, if I wanted to get there on time, I should have just started driving at midnight." Fischer said.

Faust, as well, was frustrated by his lack of appearance, and was noted by Mathias to have been constantly gazing out the window.

"I . . . I really hoped that Ryan would get here. I wanted to see him. Him and Thorsten were always at odds, so I didn't know if I would get to see him much anymore." Faust said.

When asked about why she decided to marry Thorsten, she laughed.

"Honestly, I don't know. He was sweet at the start, and Ryan had moved away." Faust said. "Thorsten has a good job, and he promised we would be happy, so I thought I would be content if I told myself to be."

The vows were almost complete, but Fischer had parked in front of the church, and bolted in through the doors, effectively shattering the atmosphere.

"I'm so glad I stopped that wedding." Fischer said. "I really love Helene. And she wasn't happy with Thorsten, she even admitted it to me. Whether or not it's me she chooses in the end, I just want it to be with someone who makes her happy."

Comments

Popular Posts