Self Portrait and Portraits Intro

Favorite Tips:
1. Shoot Candidly
2. Obscure Part of Your Subject
3. Introduce Movement

Environmental Portraits:
I really like this photo because he looks happy and satisfied with his place in life, and the cake displays the heart and care he puts into his work. Although posed, I feel as if I can understand his content with his position.
This photo intrigues me because of the guitar beside him and the camera focusing mainly on him. I do not wonder about anyone else, only about the story he has to tell, as he indulges in a morning coffee. It gives me the impression of a person ready to climb up to stardom, getting through rough times right now in order for a profit in the future. The image tells a story.

Photography Self-Portraits:
The photographer helps her audience see that she is a curious and shy person, expressing her humility as she hides her face behind her torso, almost as if she might be giggling in embarrassment. She makes herself seem to be open and to the ground, and the pleasing lighting and simplistic background brings all of the focus to her. All of the carefully picked components make it an image I can easily enjoy.

The monochromatic photo makes it impossible for one to be distracted by colors, while also making a viewer wonder if she sees the world in a 'black and white' sense. The mask is an effective way to communicate to the viewer that she may be more than the outward appearance she puts out, or that she might not be who she pretends to. It is vague enough to allow room for a viewer to come to their own conclusions. This amount of depth is something that appeals to me.

Casual Portraits:
This casual portrait blurs everything but the subject, but also has the subject looking at something other than the camera. It adds curiosity to the viewer of where he may be looking, especially with the unamused and/or serious look on his face. It makes me wonder what he might be paying mind to, and that cleverness is something I adore.

I have chosen this picture because of the masterful way it was taken. The way she looks over her shoulder at the camera, the smile almost pulling at her lips, and the way the sun lights up her hair, enhances the photo into something very beautiful. The eyebrows and the question they seem to convey add humanity to her.

Plan:
I plan to take the self-portraits of myself, and I plan to take the portraits of another student in this class, Cecelia. I will likely take pictures that involve my glasses, my sketchbook, and my scarves, all things I wish to come to mind when I am thought of. I want to show my passion for drawing, and I hope to convey myself according to expressions. I prefer candid shots, so I'll likely sketch and take a picture of myself while working on a drawing, framed against flowers because I hope to lead a life of simple beauty. I'd like to show a picture of my more studious self, and a picture of my more casual self, to show two sides. For Cecilia, it is likely that I would like to put her against bright colors to display her bright and joyful attitude, with smiles to help a viewer know that she is an open and eager person. I might like to take a shot of just her eyes and freckles while she smiles, obscuring the rest of her so a viewer can focus on her eyes and freckles.


Comments

Popular Posts