Feature Writing Brainstorm

1. My main subject will be my great aunt.
2. I will likely interview my mother, my grandmother, and my aunts/uncles (her children) about her story.
3. I want to interview my grandma on her experience immigrating to the U.S. from Asia.
4. The angle of a first-hand experience or a historical experience.
5.
1. Why did you decide to move here?
2. What are some struggles that you faced when coming here?
3. How did you learn English?
4. Do you miss Asia? 
5. Would you ever go back to Asia?
6. Do you regret not doing anything at that time?
7. How did love rub with your journey?
8. What was it like, adapting to America's different customs?
9. Do you prefer living here, or living in Asia?
10. Has anyone else asked you about your story?
11. Have you ever told your children about your story?
12. Were people biased towards you for being Asian?
13. Was your experience different because you are a woman?
14. If you could go back and change anything, would you?
15. Where do you think you would be right now if you had stayed in Asia?
16. How did you feel during the journey?
17. Were you the one who chose to move?
18. How old were you when you came here?
19. Did you work when you got here? And, if so, was it difficult to find?
20. Are you content with your current life?
6.
1. Did she ever tell you about her experience?
2. Were you with her when she was immigrating?
3. Do you miss Asia?
4. How do you think she feels about living here?
5. How do you feel about living here?
6. Was the journey difficult for you?
7. What drove you to move here?
8. How did you have to change to adapt to your new environment?
9. How did you learn English?
10. Are you content with your current life?
7.
1. The communist and nationalist party were fighting in China at the time of her move.
2. It seemed that the communists were winning.
3. The Chinese Revolution was in 1949.
4. A lot of the Nationalist Party fled to Taiwan.
5. The Nationalist Party was led by Chiang Kai-shek.
8. I plan to conduct the interview over Thanksgiving Break.
9. I will interview them at the house we all stay in.
10. I will try to video record; if I don't have that permission, I will write down the key points.

Comments

Popular Posts