Student of the Month Interview

Assignment #2:

1. Please tell us your name and what year you are in.
Her name is Amora Schultze. She is currently in ninth grade.
2. Do you have any other public achievements that you'd like to share with us?
She shared that she had no other particular public achievements, seeming to be embarrassed by this, giggling a bit.
3. Have you specifically been working to gain this title, or did this come as a surprise to you?
"I was . . . very surprised. I was nominated by a friend, and . . . now I'm here!"
4. What sorts of things do you look for when searching for who is most qualified as student of the month?
"When we look at qualifying students, we want to check their grades, their extracurricular activities, the clubs they are involved in, and we want to check their behavior in general. Do they conduct their selves in a respectable manner, are they a good example for the rest of the school body?"
5. How do you feel about being elected student of the month? 
"I feel good, you know? Someone finally appreciates my talent!" Perhaps slightly sarcastic in her response. Very humble.
6. Do you feel well-deserving of the title? Why or why not?
"I guess I deserve it? I mean, I'm not really into sports, but I'm into a lot of clubs and stuff, so maybe?"
7. How involved are you in your child's life?
"I think that it is best if I let her be independent, because it is very important that she can grow on her own. As long as she is on track, I do not need to intervene."
8. What classes are you most invested in, and why?
She really likes English, and is also very involved in one of her elective classes, Contemporary American Novels.
9. What extracurriculars are you most involved in, and why?
No extracurriculars.
10. What specific reasons did you have for creating the title 'Student of the Month?'
"We want to push our students and further encourage them to aim to do their very best. This title might also serve them well in their future."
11. Can you please give us a brief look at the algorithm with which you decide who deserves student of the month?
"Well, it's like the stuff I said earlier. Grades, extracurriculars, clubs, personality, things like that."
12. How would you describe your child when speaking to others about them?
"I think she is very hardworking. I wish she would talk to other people more, but I understand that she is sort of . . . awkward."
13. What sorts of things do you hold most important to yourself?
She thinks her GPA is very important. She really loves books. She writes all day. "I'm pretty boring."
14. Are there any advantages to becoming Student of the Month, aside from bragging rights? If so, please expand upon them.
"Yes, definitely. Students can put this on their resume to show their commitment to their high school, and how their high school has come to appreciate that. You will also have your picture mounted and honored in the library for as long as this school stands. So, students, work hard to get this honor bestowed upon you!"
15. How will you be celebrating your achievement?
"I'll probably just do what I always do; you know, just sit home with my cat . . ." When she was younger, she recalls putting her cat in her purse.
16. What are your strong suits, and what things must you try harder for in order to grow more comfortable with them?
Good at English and Geography because she feels they are related. She's alright with Chemistry, and finds Algebra 2 to be the most difficult.
17. What sort of personal importance does this title have to you?
"I don't care that much . . . Actually, it's a little too much attention, haha!"
18. What sort of life does your child lead when they are at home?
"She mostly stays in her room, studying. But she always come down to have dinner with us."
19. Have you ever personally spoken to or met this Student of the Month, and if so, in what circumstances?
"I certainly have met her and spoken to her. She had a couple questions about the school, and, of course, I was more than happy to answer them for her."
If you have met this Student of the Month, how would you describe them?
"I feel that she is very dedicated, albeit a bit shy."
People I plan to interview:
Student of the Month
Parent of the Student of the Month
Principal (The one who chooses Student of the Month)

Comments

Popular Posts